Saturday, April 25, 2009

X-treme Cheese!

Yuck. Someone ordered one of our “X-treme Cheese” pizzas and then asked for extra, extra cheese. This comes through the computer as cheese times 4. So basically 7 to 8 cups of cheese on a 16” pizza. “Uh...yeah...do you guys have that new 16 inch 'get me backed up for a week' pizza? You know, the one with all the cheese?”

I don't know if it is just in America or a worldwide epidemic, but this obsession with cheese is absolutely disgusting. People just can't get enough of the stuff. “More cheese! Extra cheese!” they chant, and we give it to them. Stuff it in the crust! Melt some more on the top! Put a layer in the dough! Put some under as well as over the toppings! Gross.

I actually quite enjoy cheese. But I usually crave Gouda, Havarti, parmesan, Swiss, Colby, MontereyJack, provolone or cheddar, not pounds of melted mozzarella on starchy bread.    

2 comments:

  1. Feta... give me feta or give me death!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gag, Christopher, I totally agree! "I'll have some cheese with my cheese," "Does that come with a 2-liter of cheese?" "Biggie-cheese it!" I feel the same way about movie-butter popcorn, but that's a subject for another day.

    ReplyDelete