Sunday, April 26, 2009

Your feedback is appreciated

This phrase always sounds pregnant to me. When someone tells me that my “feedback is appreciated,” I don't feel appreciated nearly as much as I feel that I am being asked to give feedback. Let me rephrase; the feedback you have given has been appreciated.

You have been good readers. I don't exactly know who you are though. A couple of people have posted comments, others have said things to me in person. I think feedback is necessary for blogging. Not quite as necessary as an audience's laughter and/or jeering is for a stand up comedian, but necessary. Mostly it lets me know people are reading.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate that you appreciate feedback. It tells me that you want to know that what you are blogging is being "heard". Sometimes in writing the words fall on deaf ears. Sometimes they go in one ear and out the other. And sometimes the words resonate and the reader can pause and revaluate how they precieve something. I enjoy reading many things, your blog being one of them. BTW, I'm Stephanie Heaney's mom, incase you had me confused with a "blogger stalker"(lol) or someone who just randomly comments on your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks, Mary. I definitely remember you from Jordan and Elise's wedding last Spring. Thanks for your comments - and for reading!

    ReplyDelete